Yippeee! Remember that feeling when your computer is working at warp speed and free pizza shows up at your desk? Of course not… uh!
It’s sad but true. We actually take our computer productivity for granted. We might actually remember panicking and screaming at Josh to go into the server room and “work his magic” because everyone’s computer is down and customers are waiting. (poor Josh) Remember that day? (Josh does)
To bring things into perspective, Managed IT Services helps keep your business running smooth so you don’t have to throw your coffee cup across the room in frustration. Who wouldn’t want that?
Don’t be intimidated by the sophisticated term “Managed IT Services”. That’s not fun to say… let’s just call it….”Having a team of Technology Ninjas” working in the shadows (or office fluorescent lighting) to fight cyber-criminals on your behalf and keep your computers streamlined and ready for action aka work. You can’t summon them for murder, but they can kill your computer issues. Being very ninja-like, they’re always at your beck and call for any computer support you may need such as quickly getting your printer to work and resetting your password. Just call them, they’re ready.
Luckily for you, Hyphenet is a Managed IT Service Provider! Whaaat?Partnering with a managed service provider such as Hyphenet is one easy solution for businesses protecting themselves against the growing cyber security threat landscape in 2019.
Alright, let’s get to the goods! Drum roll….
1. Worldwide cyber security spending will reach $170 billion by 2020.
2. Over 260 million records containing sensitive information have been compromised in the first four months of 2018.
3. While the time it takes to detect an attack varies from company to company, on average it takes over 200 days to detect a breach.
4. Almost a quarter of cybersecurity professionals (23 percent) assess the probability of future attacks to their organization as very or extremely likely.
5. Cybercrime damages will cost the world $6 trillion annually by 2021.
6. 54 percent of organizations experienced one or more ransomware incident in 2017.
7. In 2017, the average ransom payment grew to $3,675 per ransom.
8. 81 percent of organizations claim that negligent or careless employees are the top risk to endpoint security.
9. In 2015, 3.3 million mobile apps were classified as malware.
10. 85 percent of enterprises are now using sensitive data in the cloud, up from 54 percent in 2015.
11. On average, 9.3 percent of documents shared externally in the cloud contain sensitive content.
12. In 2016, 64 percent of patient medical files were successfully targeted by cybercriminals.
13. 80 percent of small medical practices are unconfident that their mobile devices are HIPAA compliant.
And there we have it. If we’re learning anything from this blog post, I hope it’s that Managed IT Services is one of the most important resources for keeping your small business up and running.