Tier 1 – Tier 2 Help Desk Technician Personnel
Start Date: Immediately
Location: San Diego, CA.
We are looking for reliable people who want to learn and grow within the company.
Help Desk Technician personnel will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving computer hardware, software and connectivity problems for customers and partners. Help Desk Technician personnel must provide prompt, reliable, and accurate information to customers via the phone, maintaining effective communication during conversations by adjusting to the pace and technical level of the customer.
- Respond to customer contacts (received by phone, email or incident management tool) in a courteous, professional manner and to either resolve the incident or escalate the client’s incident/request to the higher level resolving team in a timely manner.
- Undertake initial diagnostics of incident or received service request, use available tools (knowledge management, remote control & incident management applications) and resolve the issue(s) as efficiently as possible on first contact.
- Accurately record and classify all incoming incidents with the appropriate priority, category and incident summary details. Attach emails, attachments, and any other communication provided by the client.
- Follow all Service Desk processes and work instructions regarding the handling of all customers and incidents. Meet or exceed the level of service defined for each client when responding to all incoming incidents.
- Proactively flag incidents where no knowledge solution is found.
- Escalate to higher-tier resolving teams in a timely manner when not able to resolve at the desk.
Technical Knowledge Requirements:
- Must have familiarity with Help Desk and ticket flow process.
- Knowledge of Active Directory account creation and password reset as well as Office365 account creation and password reset.
- Knowledge of Outlook mail client setup.
- Knowledge of SHARE folders, Windows permissions, printer resolutions, installing various operating systems, knowledge of antivirus products and usage, knowledge of computer and server components as well as ability to replace those components as necessary.
- Knowledge of hardware firewalls, layers 2 & 3 networking is a plus.
- Knowledge of various OS virtualization technologies is a plus.
- Willing + eager to learn is a must.
Bachelors degree in Information Technology or similar is required.
2+ years on the job experience is a plus but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
Start a Career With Hyphenet
Thank you for directing your interest towards a career at Hyphenet! Please fill in all required fields below.