FACT: Ransomware is the number-one cyber threat to businesses today. – Barracuda.
Ransomware: Is a type of malware that enables cyber criminals to encrypt the data on your PC or block entire systems; making your computer unusable until you pay a fee to unlock your computer.
Take a look at these alarming ransomware facts of 2017 you simply cannot afford to ignore anymore:
- 47% of business have been affected by ransomware – Barracuda
- Every hour, about 4,000 computers around the world become infected with ransomware. – FBI .pdf download
- Ransomware attacks are not only proliferating, they’re becoming more sophisticated. –FBI
- Criminals turned to spear phishing e-mails targeting specific individuals.-FBI
- The FBI doesn’t support paying a ransom in response to a ransomware attack –FBI
- 59% of ransomware infections are delivered via email attachments and embedded URLs. –Barracuda
- $209 million was paid to ransomware criminals in the first quarter of 2016 –Barracuda
- Ransomware exists for multiple platforms – Kaspersky
- There’s no guarantee paying the ransom will recover files – Kaspersky
- Cyber criminals demand their payment to be made in anonymous pre-paid cash voucher (MoneyPak, Ukash) or the equivalent amount in Bitcoin. – Kaspersky
- The average ransomware price range is between $300 – $600 – Naked Security
Subscribe To Hyphenet's Newsletter
Get ready for fun tech newsletters that are never boring.