With ransomware and data breaches making regular headline news stories, it’s time to make sure your data is protected.
Follow Hyphenet’s, (San Diego cybersecurity experts) 11 cybersecurity steps. This will help you mitigate the risk of data loss and damage to your small business’ computers and devices. After all, who’s to blame when you are hacked? You, of course. That’s why taking all our recommended actions is crucial.
11 STEPS FOR PREVENTING DATA LOSS:
- Back up important data regularly*
- Patch & update your software automatically
- Pay attention to your employees’ security training
- Show hidden file-extensions
- Filter executable attachments in email
- Disable files running from AppData/LocalAppData folders
- Consider shared folders
- Disable RDP
- Use a reputable security suite
- Use System Restore to get back to a known-clean state
- Use a standard account instead of one with administrator privileges
Do you need help with these 11 cybersecurity steps? Call us, we’re here to help. (619) 325-0990.
Our most important cybersecurity tip is:
*Back up important data regularly
The ultimate favor you can do for your small business is to have a regularly updated backup, ideally an off-site , offline device for storing your data backup. Make sure that it’s tested and verified that it works. Having a backup will keep you from becoming a victim to ransomware before any malicious activity starts.
In the unfortunate event when your business becomes a victim one of the following top 5 causes of data loss:
- Ransomware / Computer Viruses / Malware
- Human errors (clicking delete or the format button)
- Software Corruption
- Hardware or System Malfunctions
- Natural Disasters
An Easy All-in-One Solution We Recommend: Datto
Datto now offers enterprise level data backup and security for small business. Receive free datto pricing today.
If you want to confirm your San Diego business is properly implementing these cyber security tips, call Hyphenet.
We can can also provide a free on-site Cybersecurity Assessment – Trusted by leading enterprises, and small businesses in San Diego, CA.
Uncover vulnerabilities in your network.
Cybersecurity / Cyber Risk Management / Managed IT Service Provider in San Diego.